Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Where it Started...

Ok, so maybe I won't go back as far as where exactly I started to sew, but I will start from our move to CA and why I love doing what I do.

I'm a stay at home mom so obviously that I means that I do absolutely nothing all day long! HAHA! I hope that you know that I am joking. Between making sure the children are fed, bathed, clothed, and not getting into any trouble at (rolls eyes), I have to keep up with daily household work i.e. laundry, dishes, sweeping, cleaning, making sure the husband has a nice ironed shirt for work in the morning...BTW, I hate ironing, but it has to be done, and at last but not least, dinner when the husband gets home. I have a confession though. I don't always have dinner ready for when he gets home. I try, but I usually get preoccupied. By what exactly? What this blog is going to be all about. My sewing, crafts and more.

Moving to CA has been a huge adjustment b/c it is so expensive. There are no more random shopping trips. I don't even go to Target as much as I like (and I love Target). I'm watching what I spend at the grocery store and make sure that I don't drive too much just so I don't have to put gas in my car.

Good thing I already had a fabric inventory built up! I was a fabric hoarder! Ok, so maybe not that extreme, but close to it. I always start with Pinterest. I am always able to find fun new projects to do on there. Hi, my name is Mary, and I am a Pinterest Addict.

Anyway, one day, I decided that I didn't want to carry around a large wallet anymore and wanted make one for myself. And so birthed this...

Pretty nifty huh? I sent a picture to my sister, and she asked if I could make her one that fit 2 iPhones, a few credit cards and her earphones. Of course I could! So this one was birthed...This isn't the exact one that I sent to my sister, but you get the idea. I made myself one after that, and that is all I carry around.
This particular clutch was made by request of a friend, and yes, it was paid for. 

So here is where this blog is leading to. I am working on these items and more to make and sell. I have excellent prices and do stand up work! If I wouldn't buy, I won't try to sell it. Got it? This blog is also for your enjoyment. If you just want to stop by and read of all the fun things that I get to do and everything that I am learning, that's great! I am here to aspire and inspire. I am so excited to get this project started with you all, and I hope that you stick around long enough to see the big things that I have in store! Happy Sewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment